Provides secretarial support for the Code Enforcement department. Position reviews all construction plans to ensure building codes and zoning regulations are met. Responsibilities include planning, organizing and carrying out all assignments quickly and accurately. Considerable judgment is required in establishing work procedures and performing duties. The work of this class involves matters of a confidential nature and heavy contact with the public. This position requires the exercise of sound judgment, personal initiative, and minimal supervision.
- Performs administrative duties and manages the ongoing operations of the City of Rosenberg departments, programs, and services
- Maintains all official records of the Code Enforcement Department in accordance with customer service.
- Manages property information in the database system and ensures that all data is current and accurate.
- Prepares and issues all certifications for residential and commercial inspections, Lien Letters, and Certificates of Occupancy, Compliance letters and enters new owner information in the system.
- Receives permit applications and forwards to appropriate personnel for review.
- Must be able to work the allocated hours of the position.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned
- High School diploma or its equivalent (GED)
- Minimum of one (1) year paid responsible administrative/clerical experience
- Training and experience using a personal computer with a variety of software including Microsoft Office
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Valid Texas Driver’s License
- Appointment will be conditional upon successful completion of the following pre-employment checks:
- Criminal background check and controlled substance screening