Provides skilled secretarial and general administrative support to the Civic Center and Parks and Recreation Department.
- Books rentals of the Civic Center, park pavilions and athletic fields.
- Accompanies potential clients through facility
- Provides information to the public regarding pricing and use of the facilities
- Follows up on client payments and information in a timely manner
- Receives cash and checks and receipts accounts for all funds received in an accurate manner in compliance with City procedures; delivers deposits to the Finance department
- Coordinates room setups with maintenance and event staff.
- Assists with setup for meetings and classes
- Provides internal and external customer service
- Answers and prioritizes calls and requests
- Greets customers and provides information and services
- Responds to inquiries and requests for information and assists with forms
- Provides information regarding services, policies and procedures
- Assists internal and external customers
- Researches and responds to questions and inquiries or complaints
- Refers to appropriate resource in assigned area of responsibility
- Process and distribute mail
- Provides administrative support duties including scheduling and coordinating meetings; managing calendars; researching information and providing supporting documents for meetings or service requests
- Prepares, drafts, and reviews correspondence, and general documentation
- Prepares and distributes meeting agendas and minutes
- Complies meeting information and verifies required meeting documentation and completeness of file records
- Process mail and distribute communication through multiple media
- Scanning and filing documents
- Gathers information; prepares and maintains reports, and related departmental documentation; prepares distribution instructions; and reviews and verifies information.
- Creates monthly daily operations report
- Prints park rentals report for staff on call
- Prepares, organizes, enters, retrieves and maintains data, files, logs, and related documentation; processes and verifies documentation
- Monitors and maintains required supplies; initiates, coordinates and processes purchase authorization or work requests; processes invoices for payment; receives and routes or distributes supplies
- May be required to do some in-city travel.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Customer service principles
- Basic filing and records management principles and practices.
- Modern office practices and procedures, including the ability to accurately organize and maintain files and other data
- Modern office equipment and specialized equipment relevant to area of assignment with a variety of software, including word processing, graphics, and desktop publishing
- Basic mathematical, accounting, and budgeting concepts
- Supplies inventory maintenance practices
- Business English, spelling and grammar and composition of routine business correspondence
- Reviewing and researching account or database information; performing data audits, identifying errors, making corrections and recommendations and preparing basic reports, correspondence and documentation
- Filing, organizing and maintaining records and files
- Proofreading documents for accuracy and providing attention to detail
- Self-discipline, dependable, and ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, and prioritizing multiple tasks and demands to accomplish outcomes
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with co-workers, employees, community partners and resources, and the general public
- Providing customer service with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Maintaining the highest standards of ethical behavior, exercising honesty and integrity, respect, confidentiality, and fairness in the execution of responsibilities
- Utilizing communication and interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with coworkers, supervisor, the general public, and others to sufficiently exchange or convey information and to receive work direction.
- Operating a personal computer, utilizing a variety of standard and specialized software applications, web browsers, and/or types of records management systems.
- Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
- Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- Incumbents may be subjected to travel, occasional evening meetings, and occasional special event assistance on weekends and/or holidays.
- High School diploma or its equivalent (GED)
- Two (2) or more years of previous paid, full-time general office and administrative support experience including record keeping, information dissemination, and extensive interaction with the general public
- Training and experience using a personal computer with a variety of software including Microsoft Office
- LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- Appointment will be conditional upon successful completion of the following pre-employment checks:
- Criminal background check and controlled substance screening
- Training in standard office practices and procedures and basic accounting
- Experience with handling money
- Keyboarding skills of 40 wpm
- Calculator skills of 150 strokes per minute
Please complete the General application to apply for this position.