Green Waste, Bulky Items, and Rollout Carts for Household Waste and Recycling
MONDAYS of each week – “Green Waste” pickup of lawn cuttings and tree/bush trimmings.
TUESDAYS of each week – “Bulky Item” pickup of heavier or larger items that do not fit in the trash container.
WEDNESDAYS of each week – service of Solid Waste roll-out cart (blue lid) and Recycling roll-out cart (green lid). Carts should be at the curb before 7:00 a.m., with the front of the cart facing the street, and 3 feet of distance between the carts themselves and any other objects such as mailboxes, vehicles, fences, etc. to facilitate automated pickup.
View the Waste Removal and Recycling Guidelines [PDF] for more information on the weekly services provided under the City’s contract with Republic Services.
Please note: Per City regulations, customers may not place carts in the street right-of-way for collection prior to 12:00 p.m. (noon) the day before collection. Carts must be placed out no later than 7:00 a.m. on the day of collection. Emptied carts must be removed from the street right-of-way no later than 8:00 a.m. on the morning following collection.
Republic Services 2017 Holiday Schedule:
- January 16 – Martin Luther King Day [Monday] – Service will be performed
- February 20 – Presidents Day [Monday] – Service will be performed
- May 29 – Memorial Day [Monday] – Service will be performed
- July 4 – Independence Day [Tuesday] – Service will be performed
- September 4 – Labor Day [Monday] – Service will be performed
- October 9 – Columbus Day [Monday] – Service will be performed
- November 11 – Veterans Day [Saturday] – Service will be performed
- November 23 – Thanksgiving [Thursday] – Non Service Day, will be serviced Friday, Nov. 24
- December 25 – Christmas [Monday] – Non Service Day, will be serviced Tuesday, Dec. 26
- January 1, 2018 – New Year’s [Monday] – Non Service Day, will be serviced Tuesday, Jan. 2, 2018
Contact Citizen Relations at (832) 595-3301 for assistance, or click here to complete an online contact form.
In order to improve efficiencies in service delivery, concerns regarding solid waste service (residential green waste, bulky item, and household garbage and recycling, and commercial services) should be routed directly to the City’s contractor, Republic Services, at (713) 726-7300 (wait through initial menu, then press “0” twice to speak with an operator). For assistance with unsatisfactorily resolved concerns, please contact City of Rosenberg Citizen Relations at (832) 595-3301.
If you, or someone you know, is physically unable to move their carts to the curb for pickup, you may be eligible for the City’s cart assistance program. To participate in the program, there cannot be anyone at the location physically capable of moving the cart. Interested individuals should contact Republic Services, the City’s solid waste contractor, at (713) 726-7300 (wait through initial menu, then press “0” twice to speak with an operator) for more information, and to register for assistance.
Broken carts must be reported so they can be placed on a list for servicing! To request your broken garbage or recycle cart be repaired, please contact Republic Services, the City’s solid waste contractor, at (713) 726-7300 (wait through initial menu, then press “0” twice to speak with an operator), who will then schedule the carts for service. Cart replacements are typically handled on Wednesdays by a separate crew following regular waste collection.