The City of Rosenberg levies a 7% hotel occupancy tax (HOT) on room rentals within the City and its extraterritorial jurisdiction (ETJ). This tax is collected by lodging providers from guests on rent paid, except in cases for which an exception is provided, and is remitted to the City monthly. For further information, please see the City’s full Hotel Occupancy Tax Ordinance, available here (select Ordinance 2011-06), or contact the Finance Department at (832) 595-3350.
Information on the State of Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax, including a tax-exempt entity search, may be accessed on the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts’ website, or by calling (800) 252-5555.
The following forms are provided for local remittance:
- City of Rosenberg Lodging Provider Registration Form [PDF]
- City of Rosenberg Hotel Occupancy Tax Return Form [PDF]
- Texas Hotel Occupancy Tax Exemption Certificate [PDF]
- Hotel Occupancy Tax Evaluation Committee Meeting Agenda – December 11, 2017
- Hotel Occupancy Tax Evaluation Committee Meeting Cancellation Notice – October 30, 2017
- Hotel Occupancy Tax Evaluation Committee Meeting Agenda – October 30, 2017
- Hotel Occupancy Tax Evaluation Committee Meeting Agenda – May 3, 2017