The Rosenberg Police Department is always looking for qualified individuals to serve our community as Police Officers and Dispatchers. Check out the videos below, and browse our site to learn more about why we are so proud to serve as Rosenberg Police Officers and what our Department and City have to offer!
Click here for a list of current available positions. For application packets, or an overview of City benefits, visit the Human Resources Page. You may also subscribe to receive notice when new jobs are posted.
- Applicant must be qualified to be a licensed Texas Peace Officer and have a valid Texas Driver’s License
- Applicant must be able to work in the U.S. on an unrestricted basis
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or equivalent, or have completed 40 semester hours from an accredited college
- Applicant must have no felony or domestic violence convictions and no DWI or DUID convictions within the last ten years
- Applicants must pass a basic reading and writing skills exam, a fitness assessment, a firearms qualification, polygraph exam and an Oral Review Board
- APPLICANT MUST BE OF GOOD MORAL CHARACTER AS EVIDENCED THROUGH PROPER REFERENCES, GENERAL REPUTATION AND/OR JOB HISTORY CONFIRMED THROUGH A BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION.
After an offer of employment has been made, applicant must pass a physical examination, a drug screen, and a psychological examination.
Training and Education
New officers train for 4 months in the Field Training Program where they will ride and train with a Field Training Officers and be trained in, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Patrol Procedures
- Officer Safety
- Report Writing
- Equipment Use
- City Ordinances
- Proper Use Of Force
- Policies and Procedures
- Proper Application of the Law
Upon successful completion of the training program new officers will be assigned to one of the two schedules and one of the 3 shifts the department utilizes to provide maximum coverage and services to the community. The schedules consist of Sunday-Wednesday or Wednesday-Saturday. We employ 3 shifts to provide constant coverage to the community: Days 6:45AM-4:45PM, Evenings 3:45PM-1:45AM, and Nights 9:45PM-7:45AM.
All department personnel work on Wednesdays which is a designated training day for police personnel (alternating weeks). Officers obtain over 200 TCLEOSE Certified training hours per year. In this training we provide a variety of topics ranging from areas including:
- High Stress Driving
- Firearms Training
- Cultural Diversity
- Police Ethics
- Use of Force
- Officer Survival
- Penal Code
- Search and Seizure Law
- Defensive Tactics
- Intermediate Weapons
- Code of Criminal Procedures
Off site police training for topics not covered by this weekly training are also available. The Rosenberg Police Department also encourages continuing education for college degrees and offers incentive pay to those officers that successfully attain their diplomas.
What We Have to Offer
The Rosenberg Police Department is a progressive department serving a rapidly growing city. We offer a wide variety of advancement opportunities through divisions and units including:
- Criminal Interdiction / K-9 Unit
- Traffic Investigation Unit
- Field Training Officer
- Bicycle Unit
- Honor Guard
- Detention Division
- Crime Prevention
- Criminal Investigations Division
- Crime Scene Investigator
- Narcotics Investigations (Narcotics Task Force)
- School Resource Division
- Emergency Communications
- Computer Forensics (FBI Task Force)
- Warrant Unit
- Crime Analyst
- Victim Assistance
The department prides itself on hiring and training the most elite officers. We are looking for career minded individuals who are dedicated to achieving individual and the department’s success. Candidates must possess an unquestionable public service character to include:
- Problem solving individuals of unquestionable integrity
- Individuals who want challenges not complacency
- Have the ability to lead and the wisdom to follow
We are committed to the officers’ success by offering:
- Competetive Salary (Lateral entry positions available based on TCLEOSE Certificate)
|Pay Grade/Position Titles||Pay Period||Minimum||Mid-level||Maximum|
|Probationary Police Officer||Annual|
- 4 Day Work Week
- Sunday – Wednesday or Wednesday – Saturday
- Constant Officer TCLEOSE Training of Approximately 200+ hours annually
- Take Home Vehicle Program (If live within the ETJ)
- TMRS 6% With 2-1 Match
- Health, Dental Insurance & Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation/Sick Leave Accruals/Personal Holidays
- Uniforms / Equipment Provided With Annual Allowance
- Most up to date Police Equipment and Technology
The Rosenberg Police Department has a patrol fleet of 30+ vehicles, all of which are equipped with MCT computers, mobile video cameras, electronic citation writers, speed radars, patrol rifles, and most advanced technology in this profession. The department regularly evaluates equipment and prides itself to stay on the cutting edge of new and available technology that may be available to make our jobs more effective, efficient and safer.
In addition to City-wide benefits, the Rosenberg Police Department offers a Take Home Vehicle Program. Each RPD officer living within the extraterritorial jurisdiction of the City of Rosenberg has the opportunity to be assigned a patrol vehicle to take to their residence with them. Officers are eligible for this program after completing their probationary period. Vehicles are assigned based on seniority and availability.
Now is the time to join and become one of Rosenberg’s Finest.