To maintain a safe and peaceful environment for the students and faculty of Lamar Consolidated Independent School District; and enforce the laws and ordinances.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND CERTIFICATES:
- Applicant must be TCOLE certified with a minimum Basic certification.
- Applicant must be authorized to work in the United States on an unrestricted basis.
- Applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
- Applicant must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Applicant is required to have one of the following:
- a. Forty (40) hours college credit from an accredited college or university, or
- b. Four (4) years active duty military with honorable discharge, or
- c. Two (2) years previous full time police officer experience
- Applicant must have a valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Applicant must have no felony convictions.
- Applicant must have no D.W.I. or D.U.I.D. convictions within the last ten years.
- Applicant must have no convictions of a crime of domestic violence.
- Convicted of family violence involving physical contact within the past ten (10) years.
- Admission of any illegal drug use within the past five (5) years, or use of marijuana within the past two (2) years.
- Applicants must be of outstanding moral character as confirmed through a background investigation.
- Applicant must have good employment and credit histories as confirmed through a background investigation.
- If having served in the Armed Force, the applicant must have an honorable discharge.HIRING PROCESS INVOLVES: PHYSICAL FITNESS EXAM, ORAL REVIEW BOARD, WRITTEN EXAM, POLYGRAPH, BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, PSYCHOLOGICAL, AND MEDICAL SCREENING.