- RPD Careers
- Civilian Jailer
Within the Rosenberg Police Department is a holding facility where the department houses incarcerated individuals who have been arrested for Class C Misdemeanors or are awaiting to be transferred to the County Jail due to higher charges. A Civilian Jailer is responsible for supervising and processing incarcerated individuals while providing a safe and secure environment within the City of Rosenberg holding facility. Civilian Jailers maintain order and security through the city’s municipal jail in accordance with established polices, regulations, and directed procedures.
- Applicant must be able to work in the U.S. on an unrestricted basis
- Applicant must possess a valid Texas driver’s license
- Applicant must be at least 20 years of age upon appointment
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Applicant must have no felony or domestic violence convictions and no DWI or DUI convictions within the last ten years
- Applicant must be able to work shift work, including weekends and holidays
- Applicant must have training and experience using a personal computer including Microsoft Office
- Applicant must be of good moral character as evidenced through proper references, general reputation and/or job history confirmed through a background investigation.
The following steps are required in the hiring process for the position of Civilian Jailer. All applicants must meet the minimum requirements and pass each step in the hiring process before advancing on to the next step.
- Applicant must submit an application during the open hiring period.
- Applicant must complete and submitPersonal History Statement and personal documents.
- Applicant must successfully complete an oral board panel review.
- Applicant must pass a polygraph exam.
- Applicant must pass a background investigation.
- Applicant must pass a psychological exam.
- Applicant must pass a health screening and drug screen.
Required Documents (Download)
The Personal History Statement (PHS) must be completed in full, signed by the applicant and notary where indicated and submitted no later than the date of the physical agility test. Other required documents must also be submitted with your PHS. Failing to submit the PHS and required documents in a timely manner may result in a delay or disqualification. A resume will not be accepted in place of a PHS.
Civilian Jailer (Public Safety Support Technician) - Grade 4/B21
- Less than six months experience as a paid Civilian Jailer
Civilian Jailer (Public Safety Support Specialist) - Grade 6/B23
- Basic Proficiency Jailer Certification from Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE)
- Three years of experience as a paid Civilian Jailer