Citizen Police Academy
Chief Jonathan White and the Rosenberg Police Department would like to invite all citizens of Fort Bend County to attend the annual Rosenberg Police Citizen Police Academy.
The purpose of the Citizen Police Academy is to provide the public with a better understanding of the daily operations of the Rosenberg Police Department through educational sessions covering different aspects of law enforcement. The Rosenberg Police Citizen Police Academy is a nine-week program, including a graduation ceremony on the final week. Classes are held every Thursday evening from 7 pm until 9 pm. You will also tour the Rosenberg Police Department, the Fort Bend County Jail, and have the opportunity to ride along with an on duty Rosenberg Patrol Officer. After completion of the academy, you will have a better understanding of how emergency calls are received and dispatched, how Detectives investigate crimes, how Crime Scene Technicians collect and analyze evidence and more.
Each week, you will be exposed to the various divisions and specialized units at the Rosenberg Police Department. Topics may include:
- Patrol Procedures
- Accident Investigations
- 911 Communications
- Criminal Investigations
- Crime Scene Investigations
- Internal Affairs
- Unmanned Aircraft Unit
Register Online (Registration is currently closed)
Register online and join the approximately 450 plus citizens who have graduated from the Rosenberg Citizen Police Academy. You can also download an application and submit it in person at the Rosenberg Police Department, located at:
2120 4th Street
Rosenberg TX, 77471
- What is the purpose of conducting the Citizen Police Academy?
- Will I receive any type of police certification from this academy?
- Where did the concept originate?
- What was the Rosenberg Police Department’s incentive for starting the Citizen Police Academy?
- Where does the class meet?
- Who attends the Citizen Police Academy?
- How do you apply?
- What would disqualify me from being accepted into the Citizens Police Academy?
- When are the classes?
- How many classes can I miss before disqualification?