Public Information Request
- Accident Reports: Please contact the Texas Department of Transportation for Crash/Accident Reports
- Code and Permit Monthly Reports: In January 2021, the City of Rosenberg launched its new EnerGov Citizen Self Service (CSS) online permit and plan management system. The CSS improves the permitting process by streamlining items such as: applying for permits, including the ability to upload required documents for review, following along the permit approval and plan review process, scheduling inspections and paying permitting fees, making it easier for citizens and contractors to work with the City. Included in this new system, you may also search public records for existing permits, plans, inspections, code cases, requests and licenses. Please visit the EnerGov CSS portal.
- Zoning: The City of Rosenberg currently has no Zoning, and has not adopted a Zoning map. Generic No Zoning Letter (PDF)
Pursuant to Section 552.233(b) of the Government Code, a governmental body may suspend the applicability of the requirements of the Public Information Act (PIA) if the governmental body is currently impacted by a catastrophe and provides proper notice in accordance with this section. In order to suspend the requirements of the PIA, a governmental body must provide notice to the Office of the Attorney General (OAG) in accordance with Sections 552.233(c) and 552.233(e) of the Government Code. The OAG is required to post a copy of a catastrophe notice provided under this section on its website for one calendar year from the date the OAG received a copy of the notice.
- Catastrophe Notices Submitted to the Office of the Attorney General
- PIA Catastrophe Extension Notice (PDF)
- PIA Catastrophe Notice (PDF)
About Public Records Requests
The Texas Public Information Act is designed to give the public access to records in the possession of public agencies. A public records request is a request to either inspect or copy or both, public records pursuant to the Texas Public Information Act (ACT) which gives the public the right to request access to government information. The ACT is triggered when a person submits a written request. The request must include information that will allow the governmental agency opportunity to contact the requestor to ask questions about the request in order to respond to the request fully and in a timely manner, and the request must be clear enough to enable the City to conduct a meaningful search.
The City may ask questions about the request in order to respond to the request fully and in a timely manner. The City of Rosenberg acknowledges that access to information is a fundamental and necessary right of every citizen of Rosenberg.
The City Secretary follows the rules/laws of the Texas Public Information Act. For more information on the Texas Public Information Act, view the Texas Attorney General Handbook.
Call the City Secretary's office at 832-595-3340 with questions.
Section 552.235 Update
Please note, one of the changes to the PIA as a result of the 2019 Texas Legislative Session is the creation of Section 552.235 of the Government Code. This section required the Office of the Attorney General to create a public information request form for use by Texas Governmental bodies. You have the right to use this Public Information Request Form.