2022 General Election
To view the canvassed runoff election results, please click here: https://www.rosenbergtx.gov/714/2022-Runoff-Election-Results
To view the canvassed general election results, please click here: https://www.rosenbergtx.gov/681/2022-Election-Results
The next General Election will be on Saturday, May 7, 2022, at Rosenberg City Hall Council Chambers, located at 2110 4th Street, Rosenberg, Texas 77471. Filing for a place on the ballot is set by state statute and will run from January 19, 2022 to February 18, 2022. Hours of operation are Monday through Thursday, 7:30 am to 5:30 pm and Friday's, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Find additional election-related dates and information at Texas Secretary of State - Candidate Information (posted in accordance with Tx. Legis. H.B. 305, effective September 1, 2019).
Filing requirements are per state statute, available at Texas Secretary of State - Running for a Local Office, and those of the City of Rosenberg Charter, Article III.
Positions on the ballot for the May 7, 2022 election are:
- Councilor At Large-Position 1
- Councilor At Large-Position 2
- Councilor, District 1
- Councilor, District 2
- Councilor, District 3
- Councilor, District 4
These positions will serve a two-year term. For district maps, please visit https://www.rosenbergtx.gov/393/Election-Maps. For redistricting information, please visit https://www.rosenbergtx.gov/644/Redistricting.
Elections in the City of Rosenberg are conducted in accordance with the Texas Election Code and the City Charter. For more information, contact the City Secretary’s Office at 832-595-3340 or by email at email@example.com.
Information regarding political signs can be found in the City's Unified Development Code, Article XV, Section 1-369, Subsection C(2).
- Filing in Person: City Secretary's Office, City Hall, 2110 4th Street, Rosenberg, TX 77471
- Filing by Mail: An application submitted by mail is considered to be filed at the time of its receipt by the appropriate filing authority. (Sections 143.007(b); 144.005(b)). Please be advised that an application must be notarized prior to filing via mail. The mailing address is: City Secretary, 2110 4th Street, Rosenberg, TX 77471
- Filing by Fax or Email: A signed, sworn, scanned candidate application (and petition, if applicable) may be submitted by fax or email. Please be advised that an application must be notarized prior to filing via fax (832-595-3333) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The City of Rosenberg does not charge a filing fee.
The State of Texas provides that certain voters may apply to vote by mail. The Secretary of State's form to apply for ballot by mail (updated following 2021 legislation) is available by visiting:
For information regarding applications for voting by mail, please visit the Fort Bend County Elections website.
Important Election Information and Dates
- RUNOFF INFORMATION (June 11, 2022)
- Ordinance No. 2022-24 -- Canvassing June 11 Runoff Election
- Notice of Runoff Election
- Ordinance No. 2022-21 -- Ordering June 11, 2022 Runoff Election (English)
- Ordinance No. 2022-21 -- Ordering June 11, 2022 Runoff Election (Spanish)
- Sample Ballot - District 3 Runoff
- Early Voting Locations (May 31, 2022 - June 7, 2022)
- Election Day Polling Locations (June 11, 2022)
- Ordinance No. 2022-20 -- Canvassing May 7 General Election
- Notice of General Election
- FBC Public Notice of Test of Automatic Tabulating Equipment
- Sample Ballots
- Current List of Candidates (in order of appearance on ballot)
- Early Voting Locations (April 25, 2022 - May 3, 2022)
- Election Day Polling Locations (May 7, 2022)
- Notice of Drawing for Place on Ballot - February 28, 2022
- Ordinance No. 2022-06 -- Ordering May 7, 2022 General Election (English)
- Ordinance No. 2022-06 -- Ordering May 7, 2022 General Election (Spanish)
- Application for Place on May 7, 2022 Ballot
- May 7, 2022 General Election - Candidate Information Packet
- Notice of Deadline to File Application For Place on Ballot - January 19, 2022 to February 18, 2022
- Notice of Voting Order Priority (SOS AW7-7b)
- H.B. 305 Notice
- Fort Bend County Election Information
- Secretary of State
- Texas Ethics Commission
- City of Rosenberg Election Register