2022 General Election
The next General Election will be on Saturday, May 7, 2022, at Rosenberg City Hall Council Chambers, located at 2110 4th Street, Rosenberg, Texas 77471. Filing for a place on the ballot is set by state statute and will run from January 19, 2022 to February 18, 2022. Find additional election-related dates and information at Texas Secretary of State - Candidate Information (posted in accordance with Tx. Legis. H.B. 305, effective September 1, 2019).
Filing requirements are per state statute, available at Texas Secretary of State - Running for a Local Office, and those of the City of Rosenberg Charter, Article III.
Positions on the ballot for the May 2022 election are:
- Councilor At Large-Position 1
- Councilor At Large-Position 2
- Councilor, District 1
- Councilor, District 2
- Councilor, District 3
- Councilor, District 4
These positions will serve a two-year term. For district maps, please visit https://www.rosenbergtx.gov/393/Election-Maps.
Polling locations, dates and times will be available in early 2022.
Sample ballots will be available in early 2022.
- Filing in Person: City Secretary's Office, City Hall, 2110 4th Street Rosenberg, TX 77471
- Filing by Mail: An application submitted by mail is considered to be filed at the time of its receipt by the appropriate filing authority. (Sections 143.007(b); 144.005(b)). Please be advised that an application must be notarized prior to filing via mail. The mailing address is: 2110 4th Street Attn: City Secretary Rosenberg, TX 77471
- Filing by Fax or Email: A signed, sworn, scanned candidate application (and petition, if applicable) may be submitted by fax or email. Please be advised that an application must be notarized prior to filing via fax (832-595-3333) or email (email@example.com) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The State of Texas provides that certain voters may apply to vote by mail. The Secretary of State's form to apply for ballot by mail (updated following 2021 legislation) is available by visiting:Texas Election Code and the City Charter. For more information, contact the City Secretary’s Office at 832-595-3640 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.