Rosenberg Police Department
Citizen Police Academy
Understanding Through Education…
Chief Jonathan White and the Rosenberg Police Department would like to invite all citizens of Fort Bend County to attend the annual Rosenberg Citizen Police Academy. The purpose of the Academy is to provide Rosenberg citizens with a better understanding of the daily operation of the Police Department, through educational sessions about different aspects of law enforcement.
Classes will begin on February 19, 2019 and last 11 weeks. The times are 7:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m.
REGISTRATION PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED.
Classes are held every Tuesday evening from 7 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. for 11 weeks. During the course participants will learn about and be exposed to many different areas of law enforcement. Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Ride with an on-duty Patrol Officer
- Witness how emergency calls are received and dispatched
- Experience how Detectives investigate crimes, and
- Observe how Crime Scene Technicians collect and analyze evidence
- Participate in video simulation of “shoot or don’t shoot” scenarios
- Tour the Fort Bend County Jail
Join the approximately 450+ citizens who have graduated from the Rosenberg Citizen Police Academy in years past by completing the application available below, and submitting it electronically, or in-person at the Rosenberg Police Department, 2120 4th Street, Rosenberg, Texas, 77471.