May 2, 2020 General Election
The next General Election will be on Saturday, May 2, 2020, at Rosenberg City Hall Council Chambers, located at 2110 4th Street. Filing for a place on the ballot is set by state statute and will run from January 15, 2020 to February 14, 2020. Find additional election-related dates and information at Texas Secretary of State – Candidate Information (posted in accordance with Tx. Legis. H.B. 305, effective September 1, 2019).
Filing requirements are per state statute, available at Texas Secretary of State – Running for a Local Office, and those of the City of Rosenberg Charter, Article III.
Positions on the ballot for the May 2020 election are: Councilor, District 1; Councilor, District 2; Councilor, District 3; Councilor, District 4. Election district maps are located below. (Sample ballots by District will be provided at a later date.)
Voter registration is handled by Fort Bend County.
- May 2, 2020 General Election Information Packet
- Application for a Place on the May 2, 2020 General Election Ballot
- Notice of Deadline to File Application for Place on Ballot – Posted 11/22/19
- Candidate Qualifications
- Current Elected Officials
- Fort Bend County Election Information
- Texas Secretary of State – 2020 Uniform Election Date Information
- Texas Ethics Commission