The City of Rosenberg is continuing to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and is taking precautionary measures to keep residents and city staff as safe as possible. A number of city events and activities have been canceled, and we are continuing to share information on the virus from trusted public health agencies.
The City continues to urge residents to do their part to flatten the curve by being proactive in reducing the risk of COVID-19 by following the CDC recommendations on hand washing and social distancing.
For accurate and reliable information, please be sure to visit the following resources:
Republic Services has resumed their normal trash pickup schedule.
What the City of Rosenberg is doing
The City of Rosenberg is taking precautionary measures to keep residents and city staff as safe as possible. The following precautions have been taken to date:
- Enacted closures or postponements to protect our most vulnerable populations.
- Actively sharing information from Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and CDC on what the public and our employees can do to protect themselves and others.
- Updating and reviewing emergency management protocols to ensure continuity of operations.
- Rosenberg emergency management professionals are participating in daily briefings with the state to ensure we have the latest information.
City, County and State Orders
April 8, 2020 – Order Extending Disaster Declaration (through April 21 @ 11:59 p.m.) and Order Terminating the 2nd Amendment to the Declaration
April 3, 2020 – Order Enforcing Social Distancing Order Terminated on April 8, 2020 (Order Terminating the 2nd Amendment to the Declaration)
March 24, 2020 – Stay Home to Save Lives Order – This order is effective 12:01 am on March 25, 2020, until 11:59 pm on April 3, 2020, unless otherwise amended. Please call (281) 633-7795 if you have any questions.
March 19, 2020 – Order Restricting Access and Ingress – The access and ingress order is effective as of 5:30 p.m. on March 19, 2020 and will end upon order of the Mayor of the city of Rosenberg or the expiration of the Declaration of Local Disaster, whichever shall occur first.
City Amenities and Meetings
- Rosenberg City Hall Lobby:
- Open for Citizen Relations, Water Utility Bill Payments, Requests for Service and Municipal Court payments only. In an effort to provide enhanced contactless services, the City has recently reopened the drive-thru Customer Service window for Water Utility Bill payments. As a reminder, Water Utility Bill Payments can also be made online or by calling the automated phone system at 832-595-3400, opt. 1.
- Water Bill Payments can be made online at https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/rosenbergtx; via the automated phone pay system at 832-595-3400 option 1; or in the drop box located at City Hall. Cash is being temporarily accepted in the drop box. Payments will be monitored and posted throughout the day.
- Trash services remain the same and unchanged.
- Open Records Requests may be submitted online at https://rosenbergtx.gov/city-government/open-records-request/
- City Council, Committee, Boards and Commissions Meetings: Meetings are being held virtually.
- Civic Center: Rentals available during normal business hours only. No after hour or weekend rentals. Classes resume June 8 with reduced capacity.
- City Parks and Trails: OPEN. The City of Rosenberg’s public parks, trails and green spaces are open and available for families to utilize during the Coronavirus or COVID-19 response. Participants are encouraged to wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before and after using park equipment.
- City Park Playground Equipment: Open to the public.
- Rosenberg Animal Shelter: Call 832-595-3490 for information.
- Rosenberg Fire Administration Office: Open to the public.
- Rosenberg City Hall Annex Lobby: Open for Building Permits, Inspections, Planning and Health Inspections.
- Rosenberg Police Department Lobby: Open to the public.
- Municipal Court Hearings: Remain Closed
All Rosenberg Police and Rosenberg Fire services remain the same and unchanged. For emergencies, please dial 911. Rosenberg Police non-emergency can be reached at 832-595-3700 and Rosenberg Fire non-emergency can be reached at 832-595-3600.
The city of Rosenberg’s number one priority remains the well-being of our citizens and employees. The City is taking every possible precaution to protect our community while continuing to provide service to our residents in the safest manner possible.
Please remember the following good health habits:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Always wash your hands after you have used the bathroom and before eating
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap is not available.
- Keep your hands away from your eyes, nose and mouth. These are the primary entrance points for COVID-19 infection
Centers for Disease Control (cdc.gov)
Small Business Administration (sba.gov)
- Emergency Preparedness for Businesses
- SBA Disaster Assistance for Businesses in Response to COVID-19
U.S. Department of Labor
U.S. Chamber of Commerce (uschamber.com)
Texas Office of the Governor (gov.texas.gov)
National Federation of Independent Business
Texas Comptroller (controller.texas.gov)
Restore Your Economy – IEDC (restoeyoureconomy.org)