The City of Rosenberg is continuing to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and is taking precautionary measures to keep residents and city staff as safe as possible. A number of city events and activities have been canceled, and we are continuing to share information on the virus from trusted public health agencies.
For accurate and reliable information, please be sure to visit the following resources:
Rosenberg City Hall is currently closed to the public. The City is encouraging its utility customers to pay their bills online, over the phone or in our 24-hour deposit box.
- Paying online by visiting our online payments page
- Using the City’s automated phone pay system at 832-595-3400 option 1
- As an additional method of encouraging social distancing, the City will temporarily accept cash as a form of payment through the Courtesy Drop Box located on the south side of City Hall. We ask that you do NOT insert coins with your payment as coins may jam the payment slot. The payments in the drop box will be monitored and posted throughout the day.
If you are having trouble logging in or need assistance, please feel free to contact one of our customer service representatives by calling 832-595-3400 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Beginning Monday, March 30 Republic Services will have a temporary change in trash and recycling pick-up services.
What you need to know:
- Monday Green Waste: Service as usual. Some pick-ups may be slightly delayed, but will be picked up throughout the week.
- Tuesday Bulky Waste: No bulky waste pick-up. Please do not place bulky items at the curb. They will not be picked up.
- Wednesday Recycling: No recycling pick-up.
- Wednesday Regular Trash Pick-up: Due to the increase in household trash from residents sheltering at home you can now temporarily use your recycling bin for household trash. Both bins will be serviced on Wednesday. Carts should be curbside by 7 a.m., with 3 feet of space between carts and any other objects such as carts, mailboxes, fences, etc.
Thank you for your patience as the City works with Republic to continue to provide service to our residents in the safest manner possible. Questions? Contact Republic Services at 713-726-7300.
* Simple Recycling (orange bag pick up) is temporarily suspended due to the Corona Virus outbreak.
What the City of Rosenberg is doing
The City of Rosenberg is taking precautionary measures to keep residents and city staff as safe as possible. The following precautions have been taken to date:
- Enacted closures or postponements to protect our most vulnerable populations.
- Actively sharing information from Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) and CDC on what the public and our employees can do to protect themselves and others.
- Updating and reviewing emergency management protocols to ensure continuity of operations.
- Rosenberg emergency management professionals are participating in daily briefings with the state to ensure we have the latest information.
City, County and State Orders
March 24, 2020 – Stay Home to Save Lives Order – This order is effective 12:01 am on March 25, 2020, until 11:59 pm on April 3, 2020, unless otherwise amended. Please call (281) 633-7795 if you have any questions.
March 19, 2020 – Order Restricting Access and Ingress – The access and ingress order is effective as of 5:30 p.m. on March 19, 2020 and will end upon order of the Mayor of the city of Rosenberg or the expiration of the Declaration of Local Disaster, whichever shall occur first.
Cancellations and Postponements
- Easter Egg Hunt (Originally scheduled for April 6, 2020)
- Artisan Market (Originally scheduled for March 28, 2020)
- MLB Pitch Hit & Run (Originally scheduled for April 25, 2020)
- Rosenberg Development Meeting (Originally scheduled for March 18, 2020)
- Planning Commission Meeting (Originally scheduled for March 18, 2020)
- Parks and Recreation Board Meeting (Originally scheduled for March 26, 2020)
- Main Street Committee Meetings
- Main Street Advisory board Meeting (Originally scheduled for March 26, 2020)
CDC recommends that for the next 8 weeks (through May 10) organizers (whether groups or individuals) cancel or postpone in-person events that consist of 10 people or more throughout the United States. Events of any size should only be continued if they can be carried out with adherence to guidelines for protecting vulnerable populations, hand hygiene, and social distancing. When feasible, organizers could modify events to be virtual.
City Amenities and Meetings (CLOSURES)
- Rosenberg City Hall: Closed to the public. Where feasible, we encourage members of the public to conduct business with city staff through emails and online. As a reminder, utility bill payments may be made by bank draft or credit card through an online portal. There is also a payment drop-box available in the parking lot on the east side of the building.
- Customer Service (Utility Bill Pay): Closed to the public
- Utility Bill Payments: Water Bill Payments can be made online at https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/rosenbergtx; via the automated phone pay system at 832-595-3400 option 1; or in the drop box located at City Hall. Cash is being temporarily accepted in the drop box. Payments will be monitored and posted throughout the day.
- New Water Service: Customers may access the forms via rosenbergtx.gov, then email completed forms to email@example.com or place them in the drop box located at City Hall. Additionally, new service forms will be available outside of City Hall, or you may call 832-595-3400 to reach a customer service representative.
- Trash services remain the same and unchanged. Monday’s Green Waste pick-up may be slightly delayed but will be picked up throughout the week.
- Open Records Requests may be submitted online at https://rosenbergtx.gov/city-government/open-records-request/
- City Council Meetings: Closed to the Public. In compliance with the recommendations of the CDC and other governmental agencies, to limit meetings to less than ten persons to limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus, members of the public will not be permitted to attend the meeting in person. However, members of the public may submit comments to the City Council in any of the following ways:
- Emailing the City Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivering written comments to City Hall prior to the meeting
- Notifying the City Secretary at 832-595-3340 in advance that they wish to be contacted by phone during the meeting in order to make their comments during the comments from the audience for Special and Workshop Agenda Items portion of the meeting.
Please refer to rosenbergtx.gov calendar for the most up to date agenda postings. Rosenberg City Council meetings are currently occurring with a few important changes.
The agenda may be found here: https://rosenbergtx.gov/city-government/meeting-agendas-minutes-video/Questions? Call Citizen Relations at 832-595-3301. City Council meetings can be watched live on our YouTube Channel RosenbergTXGov, on the City’s website at www.rosenbergtx.gov/tv and on Comcast Channel 16 for residents within the City limits.
- Rosenberg Civic Center: Closed to the Public. The City has canceled City-sponsored events and classes held at the Rosenberg Civic Center. At this time, this decision does not impact private events hosted by other organizations at the Rosenberg Civic Center. Questions regarding those reservations can be directed to the Civic Center at 832-595-3520.
- Rosenberg Municipal Court: Closed to the Public. Rosenberg Municipal Court has been canceled until further notice. All pending cases will be reset and the Court will notify you of the reset date. Municipal Court Payments can be made online at https://www.municipalonlinepayments.com/rosenbergtx or via the drop box located outside of Municipal Court. Court Record Requests may be submitted online at https://rosenbergtx.gov/city-government/open-records-request/. For questions, or if you have concerns about your particular case, please contact the Court at 832-595-3450.
- City Parks and Trails: OPEN. The City of Rosenberg’s public parks, trails and green spaces are open and available for families to utilize during the Coronavirus or COVID-19 response. Participants are encouraged to wash their hands with soap and water for 20 seconds before and after using park equipment. If you choose to visit our parks please consider this helpful information from the National Parks and Recreation Association.
- City Park Playground Equipment: Closed to the Public. Based on the Fort Bend County “Stay Home to Save Lives Order” all public playgrounds in Rosenberg are now closed until further notice.
- Rosenberg Animal Shelter: Closed to the Public.
- Rosenberg Fire Administration Office: Closed to the Public.
- Rosenberg City Hall Annex: Closed to the Public. Permit applications and payments are still accepted via email at email@example.com and via fax at 832-595-3501. All Inspection services remain the same and unchanged.
All Rosenberg Police and Rosenberg Fire services remain the same and unchanged. For emergencies, please dial 911. Rosenberg Police non-emergency can be reached at 832-595-3700 and Rosenberg Fire non-emergency can be reached at 832-595-3600.
The city of Rosenberg’s number one priority remains the well-being of our citizens and employees. The City is taking every possible precaution to protect our community while continuing to provide service to our residents in the safest manner possible.
Please remember the following good health habits:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Always wash your hands after you have used the bathroom and before eating
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap is not available.
- Keep your hands away from your eyes, nose and mouth. These are the primary entrance points for COVID-19 infection
Centers for Disease Control (cdc.gov)
Small Business Administration (sba.gov)
- Emergency Preparedness for Businesses
- SBA Disaster Assistance for Businesses in Response to COVID-19
U.S. Department of Labor
U.S. Chamber of Commerce (uschamber.com)
Texas Office of the Governor (gov.texas.gov)
National Federation of Independent Business
Texas Comptroller (controller.texas.gov)
Restore Your Economy – IEDC (restoeyoureconomy.org)