Councilor Kevin Raines was first elected to the office of City Councilor At Large, Position 2 in a runoff on June 8, 2019. He was then elected to Mayor on May 1, 2021. Councilor Raines was elected Mayor Pro Tem on June 18, 2019, and again on November 17, 2020.
Born in Lufkin, TX, Councilor Raines settled in Rosenberg in the early 1990s with his wife Lisa, where they enjoyed raising their three daughters here during that time. Kevin served 18 years at the Rosenberg Police Department, through the ranks as a patrol officer, patrol sergeant, and detective until 2011.
Service on Other Boards & Committees
He currently serves on the:
- Employee Benefits Committee
- Finance/Audit Committee
- Greater Fort Economic Development Council
- Houston-Galveston Area Council (H-GAC)
- Professional Services/Engineering Project Review Committee
- Rosenberg Development Corporation Board (RDC)