Fines & Costs

You may plead “No Contest” and waive a jury trial by paying the full amount of the fines and costs as shown on the Citation or on the following list. In the event of a conflict between the Citation and the following list, use the amount from the following list. Please contact the Rosenberg Municipal Court at (832) 595-3450 with any questions. Court payments may be made online by clicking here.

Rosenberg Municipal Court Fine / Bond List Effective January 1, 2014

Speeding (1 To 10 Miles Over Maximum Limit)
Plus $5.00 Per Mile In Excess Of First 10 Miles
Defective Equipment (lights, brakes, etc.)$162.00
Disregard Railroad Crossings$187.00 
Disregard (ran) Red Light Or Stop Sign$180.00
Drivers License (no DL Or Expired DL)$202.00
Drivers License Restrictions$132.00
Exceeding or Unsafe Speed$162.00
Expired License Plates (Registration)$131.00
Expired or No MVIC (Inspection)$162.00
Fail Display Drivers License$106.00
Fail Give Information After Accident$181.00
Fail Report Change Address On Drivers License$103.00
Fail To Control Speed$187.00
Fail Maintain Single Marked Lane$162.00
Fail Yield Right Of Way$162.00
Fail Yield Right Of Way (if Involved in Accident)$212.00
Fail Yield Right Of Way To Emergency Vehicle$262.00
Following Too Closely$162.00
Following Too Closely (Accident Involved)$212.00
Illegal Parking$120.00
Illegally Parked In Handicapped Space$550.00
Illegal Parking (Fire Zone)$137.00
Operate Motor Vehicle without Plates$136.00
No Headlights When Required$162.00
No Liability Insurance / FMFR$334.00
No Motorcycle Headgear$162.00
Permit Unlicensed Person To Drive$128.00
Seat Belt Violations (Driver/Passenger)$140.00
Seat Belt Violations (Unrestrained Child)$129.00
Seat Belt Violations (Unrestrained Child) - SECOND OFFENSE$229.00
Unsafe or Improper Backing$187.00
All Other Subtitle C, Rules Of Road Violations$162.00
All Subtitle C, Rules Of Road Violations in SCHOOL CROSSING ZONEAdd $ 25.00

Penal Offenses

Public Intoxication$381.00
Assault Class C$431.00
Theft Class C$431.00
Possession Of Narcotics Paraphernalia$381.00
Disorderly Conduct Charges$381.00
Minor Possession Alcoholic Beverages / Tobacco$181.00
Open Container in Motor Vehicle$231.00
Fail To Identify$231.00
Consumption of Alc. Bev./Bus. Dist./Off Premised Licensed Site, etc.$381.00
Loud Music/Noise$231.00

City Code Violations

Juvenile Curfew Violations$231.00
Punishable By A Fine Up To $500.00$331.00
Punishable By A Fine Up To $2,000.00$831.00

Dismissal of Charge upon Compliance

If you were cited for “Expired Registration” (license plate), “Expired MVI Certificate” (inspection), or “Expired Drivers License,” you may be eligible to obtain a dismissal by presenting proof of registration (and payment of state penalty), inspection, or renewal within ten (10) working days following the date of the citation, and the payment of a $20.00 fee by your appearance date.

Extensions, Installment Agreements and Time Payment Fee

If you cannot pay the fine and court costs immediately upon entry of judgment, you may have an extension of time of up to thirty (30) days within which to pay. A single extension not exceeding thirty (30) days can be obtained from the clerks at the window. Extensions of more than thirty (30) days, subsequent extensions, or installment payment arrangements must be made with the Judge during regular court sessions. In any event, if you do not pay the fine and costs in full within the thirty (30) days immediately following entry of judgment, a statutory time payment fee of $25.00 for each charge extended will be added to the amount that you owe.

Collection Fees and Other Aids in Enforcement

In addition to the amount that you owe, for any balance due that is over sixty (60) days past due, the Court may add a collection fee of thirty percent (30%) to the amount that you owe to offset the costs of collection. Additionally, the Court may report your failure to appear or to pay the balance due to the Texas Department of Transportation. Until you pay the balance due in full, including any applicable fees, you will not be able to renew your driver’s license.