Foster Homes Needed!
Sometimes temporary homes are needed for shelter animals, this is when foster homes come in. If you are interested and able to provide a home for temporary care and socialization of a shelter animal, foster care is an option for you.
Complete the Foster Application. The process of approval takes about a week. You will receive confirmation once you are approved.
Possible Situations When A Foster Maybe Needed
- Some animals arrive at the shelter with special behavioral needs. Socialization and training may be provided in a foster home working on obedience and basic skills.
- New born kittens arrive at the shelter and require frequent bottle feeding and socialization, depending on their age.
- Sometimes shelter animals require extra attention and a quieter space when recovering from an illness, injury, or surgery.
- Older shelter animals or animals who have been at the shelter for an extended time may need a break from shelter life. These breaks help with animal behavior and overall health.
- Complete orientation on policy and procedures.
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined in the Foster Care Manual.
- Provide an e-mail and access e-mail regularly.
- Provide transportation to and from RACS for check in and possible adoptions.
- Have up-to-date rabies vaccinations for all animals living in your home.
Foster Care Manual
If you want to learn more about the foster program, you can view and print the complete Foster Care Manual.