Harvey FEMA Information

News (10/10/17): FEMA Extends Time in Hotels 

Resources – Harvey

Our Lady of Guadalupe Church in Rosenberg is a FEMA Registration Site. They are located at: 1600 Avenue D, Rosenberg, TX 77471

U.S Small Business Administration (SBA) – Disaster Loans: “SBA provides low-interest disaster loans to businesses of all sizes, private non-profit organizations, homeowners, and renters. SBA disaster loans can be used to repair or replace the following items damaged or destroyed in a declared disaster: real estate, personal property, machinery and equipment, and inventory and business assets.”

How to apply for a disaster loan: https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela/Information/ApplyOnline

Texas Association of Business – Has created a hotline to assist businesses who have been affected by Harvey. The hotline can be reached at 512-637-7714 and by clicking here

Texas Department of Insurance: Help with insurance questions, recovery resources: 1-800- 252-3439. Website: tdi.texas.gov

Guide on filling claims: http://www.tdi.texas.gov/takefive/home-damaged.html

Disaster Assistance.gov: Provides disaster survivors with information, support and a means to access and apply for disaster assistance.


FEMA (Harvey Resource Page): https://www.fema.gov/hurricane-harvey

Apply for assistance: “Registering online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov, is the quickest way to register for FEMA assistance.”

How to file a flood claim (National Flood Insurance Program): https://www.fema.gov/nfip-file-your-claim

Industry Liaison Guide: For businesses seeking to do business in a disaster recovery area. Please see the FEMA – Industry Liaison Guide at https://www.fema.gov/about-industry-liaison-program

Texas Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster: A comprehensive list of Texas Voluntary Organizations. https://txvoad.communityos.org/cms/node/104

If you lost your job because of the hurricane, you may be eligible for unemployment benefits. Apply here.

Call the State Bar of Texas legal hotline at 800-504-7030 for toll-free answers to basic legal questions in English, Spanish or Vietnamese. If you need a lawyer, call the State Bar’s Lawyer Referral & Information Service at 800-252-9690.

Replacing Lost or Damaged Documents (Source: Sen. John Cornyn Office)

  • SNAP Card (food stamps): call the Lonestar helpdesk toll-free at 1-800-777-7328.
  • Green Cards: Call 800-375-5283 or click here.
  • Birth and Death Certificates: Call 888-963-7111 or visit this website.
  • Texas Driver’s License: Call 512-424-2600 or click here.
  • Bank Checks, ATM/Debit Cards, or Safe Deposit Boxes: Call 877-275-3342 or click here.
  • Credit Cards: Contact your issuing institution: American Express (800-992-3404), Discover (800-347-2683), MasterCard (800-622-7747), or Visa (800-847-2911).
  • Credit Reports: Contact Equifax, Experian, or Transunion at 877-322-8228 or visit: Click here
  • Social Security Card: Call 800-772-1213 or click here.
  • Fraud Alerts or a Credit Freeze: Call 877-438-4338 or click here.
  • Medicare Cards: Call 800-772-1213 or click here.
  • Passport: Call 202-955-0430 or 877-487-2778 or click here.
  • S. Savings Bonds: Call 800-722-2678 or 800-553-2663 or click here.
  • Tax Returns: Call 800-829-1040 or click here.
  • Military Records: Call 866-272-6272 or click here.
  • Vehicle Titles: Call 888-368-3689 or click here.
  • Replace a Texas Marriage Record or Certificate: Visit this website for statewide information or visit this site for your issuing Clerk of Court.
  • Proof of Address/Residency: Click here.