Since March, 2018 the Rosenberg Animal Shelter and Control has committed to become a No Kill facility by the year of 2020.
Since July 2018, Rosenberg Animal Control and Shelter began working towards the No Kill goal with the support of community partners, such as Fort Bend Pets Alive!, as well as our growing volunteers program.
Some of the points of the No Kill Plan that have been implemented are:
- Additional resources were allocated to medical and behavior support for shelter pets.
- Redesign the volunteer program to move it to fully online and support business model,
- Rebuild the Rosenberg Animal Control and Shelter Foster Program, with additional groups to support Long Term Fostering, Medical Fostering and Terminal Fostering,
- Rosenberg Animal Control and Shelter has been building a robust adoption program by increasing monthly adoption promotions, off-site adoptions, and an aggressive marketing and media strategy.
- Rosenberg Animal Control and Shelter working towards providing low price microchips and vaccination clinics for any pet in the Rosenberg City limits.
Reports & Documents
- Priority List of Animal Services Implementation Plan Recommendations
- Animal Advisory Board No Kill Implementation Plan
- City Council Resolution 2020
- Animal Advisory Board Report to Council Regarding Recommendations
- Animal Advisory Board Request for Input
2018 Meeting Documents