2021 General Election
CANCELLED: Runoff Election - June 12, 2021
Please see Press Release dated May 14th regarding the withdrawal of At-Large, Position 2 candidate, Richard Olson.
Ordinance No. 2021-15 cancelled the July 12, 2021 election and declared Alicia Casias elected to At Large, Position 2.
May 1st Election Results
For updated election results, please visit: https://www.rosenbergtx.gov/600/2021-Election-Results
May 1st Election Results - FBC Website
For complete FBC election results, please visit the Fort Bend County website.
Returns for the general election will be officially canvassed on Tuesday, May 11, 2021.
2021 Voting Guidelines Related to COVID-19
On May 27, 2020, the Texas Secretary of State's Office issued guidelines to voters and entities holding elections concerning polling places and voting conduct during upcoming elections. View the 2020 Voting Guidelines Related to COVID-19 (PDF). This was updated on June 18, 2020. View these additional guidelines (PDF). These guidelines do apply to the 2021 elections.
May 01, 2021, General Election
The next General Election will be on Saturday, May 1, 2021, at Rosenberg City Hall Council Chambers, located at 2110 4th Street, Rosenberg, Texas 77471. Filing for a place on the ballot is set by state statute and will run from January 13, 2021 to February 12, 2021. Find additional election-related dates and information at Texas Secretary of State - Candidate Information (posted in accordance with Tx. Legis. H.B. 305, effective September 1, 2019).
Filing requirements are per state statute, available at Texas Secretary of State - Running for a Local Office, and those of the City of Rosenberg Charter, Article III.
Positions on the ballot for the May 2021 election are: Mayor, Councilor At Large-Position 1, and Councilor At Large-Position 2. These positions will serve a one-year term.
Voting by Mail
Filing Method of Candidate Application
Filing Method of Candidate Application. A candidate application may be filed in person, by mail, by fax, or by email.
- Filing in Person:
City Secretary's Office
2110 4th Street
Rosenberg, TX 77471
- Filing by Mail: An application submitted by mail is considered to be filed at the time of its receipt by the appropriate filing authority. (Sections 143.007(b); 144.005(b)). Please be advised that an application must be notarized prior to filing via mail. The mailing address is:
2110 4th Street
Attn: City Secretary
Rosenberg, TX 77471
- Filing by Fax or Email: A signed, sworn, scanned candidate application (and petition, if applicable) may be submitted by fax or email. Please be advised that an application must be notarized prior to filing via fax or email.
- Fax: 832-595-3333 (Attn: City Secretary)
- Email Danyel Swint
Voter registration is handled by Fort Bend County.
- Early Voting Rosters
- Sample Ballot - Sample ballots taken into a polling place must be printed on legal size yellow paper.
- Notice of Election - English
- Notice of Election - Spanish
- Election Day Voting Sites (May 1, 2021)
- Early Voting Sites (April 19 - April 27)
- Candidates List
- Notice of Drawing for Place on Ballot
- Application for a Place on the May 1, 2021, General Election Ballot (English and Spanish) (PDF)
- Filing Period: January 13 through February 12, 2021
- There is no filing fee to submit an Application for Place on Ballot.
- Ordinance No. 2021-04 - Ordering General Election - English
- Ordinance No. 2021-04 - Ordering General Election - Spanish
- May 1, 2021 General Election Information Packet
- Important 2021 Election Dates
- Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot (PDF)
- Notice of Voting Priority
- Council Qualifications
- Current Elected Officials
- H.B. 305 Notice (PDF)